Saturday, January 3, 2009

Visit to the South City Mall



I know I should have visited this awesome shopping plaza named South City Mall at Anwar Shah Road, Kolkata, much earlier, but for my job, home and not to mention my famous lackadaisical me replicating the true spirit of my dear city held me from doing so for so long.


Well, thanks to my bro who had come down from London for a vacation, that I was literally pulled out of my room to this massive piece of extravagance. As I stepped into the mall I stammered to measure its hugeness, most of it lying in my blind spot. Getting into it was even breathtaking...Huge is a derogatory word perhaps - the ground floor spread across several square meters and the floors above held similar opulence to the core. The Christmas tree added zing to the scene as it was around the winter festival.




Having had rounds of the exclusive showrooms of Marks and Spencer, Next, Pantaloons, Shopper's Stop and many such houses of stunning salable items was really great. My bro even picked a bagful of goodies for me and we shared some good laughs over a cup of coffee and cake as well at the cafe upstairs. But while checking out of the mall the sorry faces of a few street urchins begging along the mall area was not all that entertaining. Wish the new year, 2009, strives towards a better effort on our part to narrow the gap between the rich and the broke.

No comments: