Monday, December 8, 2008

Interview – Shivers?


Not that this blog deals with a very recent happening but nevertheless, I must pen it down for your pleasure and my satisfaction. Two months back when I was undergoing the agony of job hunt and rejections and job hunts again, I landed up at one of the interview scenes here in Kolkata that was more than just scare and fear.

As directed by the person at the venue, I took an auto to the place from where I had to take a rickshaw. Started off with a greeting of non stop drizzle and the inadequate conveyance options, I edged on to my destination. Having boarded the rickshaw I found myself amid heaps and piles of dirt, trash and rubble on both sides of the road as the vehicle moved along. I was just beginning to wonder where was the awful stench coming from and was soon enlightened – there were pig sties on both sides of the road with clusters of pigs, piglets and sows ambling along the sidewalks. At long last I was there at my address, in front of a building in shambles, almost.

To add more woe to my already acquired anxiety, there were these two bespectacled interviewers volleying questions at me followed by the written test which required me to scribble an article on 'Qutab Minar and Lollypop'. But to my utter amazement and joy, I thoroughly enjoyed writing the piece. Did somebody say 'assigned works turn out more interesting than the spontaneous ones'? I enjoyed my interview! Tough tests are not all that bad anyways!

No comments: