Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lunch out of Office


As it is I was getting bored having my home packed fare of chapatis and bhaji everyday at lunch in the office. To top it, the maid was absent yesterday and mom had to go out for her eye surgery tests. I was almost forced by destiny to have my lunch out of office.

Thanks to a couple of my colleagues who suggested a nearby restaurant down the park side lane along the main road at Jodhpur Park. The eatery was a small yet clean one, safe for a wretched soul with a weak stomach like me to have a good nosh at an unbelievably modest price.

I ordered a paper masala dosa and my table was ready in no time. Hot and crisp, the huge wrap of fried rice-powder paste filled in with potato curry, accompanied with two bowls of chutney and sambhar each, were quite easy for my pocket at twenty four bucks! Having had my fill in no more than twenty minutes, I was back in office much before time. Not bad to skip home food once in a while!

No comments: